[IP] Re: "Sugar free" and carbs

<< Oh, my!  One of my favorite subjects for a rant!   SO MANY products
 labeled "sugar free" are HIGHER in carbohydrates than their "regular"

How true.
Often these candies are made with Sorbitol, which has carbs.  Everyone kept
buying these things for my little girl, thinking she could have them.  Well,
she could, but Sorbitol also can cause stomach upset and diarrhea.

Today I was looking at the boxes of freezie pops.
Sugar free:  1.3 grams carbs, with Sorbitol
with Sugar: 3.0 grams carbs

The ones with sugar are better for the kids.  The thing about Sorbitol is
that it is absorbed at a slower rate in the body, so doesn't induce such a bg

Barbara, Mum of Claire 7