No Subject

Subject: Re:  [IP] dm, drivers license and organ donation

I am an organ donar.  I figure if they can't use the
parts for someone else, perhaps an endocronolgy team
could use them for study.  Might help others!
- --- "David N. Flagg" <email @ redacted> wrote:
> At 01:41 PM 6/16/01 -0400, you wrote:
> >In a message dated 6/15/01 9:56:45 PM Central
> Daylight Time,
> >email @ redacted writes:>
> > >
> > > As wonderful as organ donation is, I hate to say
> that no one would take an
> > > organ from you if you have diabetes,  I am in
> need of a new kidney and the
> > > only one in my family who wants to give me one
> is my mom and she can't
> > > because she is also a diabetic.  My siblings are
> not good enough
> > matches to
> > > make it a successful transplant and they say my
> dad is too old so I
> > have to
> > > wait for someone else to come forward who is not
> diabetic.
> >
> >I was recently told after years of believing i
> couldn't donate organs after
> >death that diabetics can do this.  I'm not sure
> what is the truth.
> >

> >Faith and ??
> >type 1 diagnosed 9-81
you can donate them but they are generally so damaged from yearsof dm they are
not used for transplant but might be useful for study. You sure wouldn't want
my heart or kidneys! spot