Re: [IP] HIPPA /insurance expectations

In a message dated 6/18/01 1:10:29 PM Central Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> If you have not been covered by a health insurance policy, you will
> have to wait out the "Pre-existing Time Period? established by your
> company.    Only if you have been covered under a "standard"
> policy, and only if your former employer/insurance company will
> issue a letter certifying that you were covered, (Called HIPPA,
> Federal Form, Health Insurance Policy ?something) will you get
> insurance coverage with no break, pre-existing time period.
> Good Luck.

This is a YMMV thing too.
When we moved here from KC there was no break in my coverage, didn't have to
fill out any forms and I was covered from the first day.

Faith and ??
type 1 diagnosed 9-81
started pumping 8-21-2000
assimilated by the d-tron 03-07-01