Re: [IP] Re: anyone ever feel like screaming

Hello Missi-
I just want to tell you that I feel that anyone who has a child with this
disease is entittled to the "Best Parents" award.  Maybe that sound funny,
but I know how frustrating it is to have this disease.  I cannot imagine how
difficult it is to control someone elses blood sugars, when you don't know
what they will be eating or doing all day.  I can tell you though that the
one thing I think would be advantageous to having this disease at such an
early age:  They don't know life any different.  I think it would just be
the way it is for them.  I was diagnosed at age 18 (by one month).  I was
still in highschool, and let me tell you it was a shocker.  The first thing
I thought about while setting in the Doctors office was that I would have to
drink "DIET" soda.  Boy, what kind of thing was that to think of.  It wasn't
the needles or the testing, or the food.  It was the "DIET" soda.  But now
it is no big deal.  I can tell you this much.  I know your child will
appreciate all that you've done for her when she gets older!  All the poking
and proding is worth it!!!  Because like you said, you are keeping her
alive!!!!  In my opinion, you guys are doing the most wonderful thing in the
world for your child!  You are trying to give her the best and fullest life
she can have!  Just remember to let her have fun!  Make up for all that
poking and proding!
Best of luck!
Laurie Davis
27 yo   Dx 12-23-1991