Depression, and it sounds like you have it, whether post-partum or
chemical imbalance, should never be looked at casually.  Please
tell your doctor that whatever you are experiencing is having a
serious effect on your day-to-day life.  Whether you need
counselling alone, medication alone, or both, is for your doc to
decide.   Just please don't be casual about it..  Post Partum can
be very devastating.  Clinical depression can be debilitating.
Please promise me you will get help from your doctor tomorrow.

We tend to make light, or ignore these weepy feeling because they
make us feel "weak".   We all have to remember it is a chemical
imbalance and can be easily treated.  It is tough enough being a
new mother, missing a lot of sleep, not being able to do a thing for
yourself, etc.   Adding depression to it would definitely be more
than I could handle.
Love ya!