Re: [IP] Feeling out of control!

In a message dated 6/18/01 10:34:58 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> .  Now I feel like I'm sinking back into that state. Feeling sad,
> powerless, and drained. I've been thinking about talking to a counseler or
> something. But I'm ashamed and scared too

    First of all, you just had a baby a short time ago, give yourself a
break!!  You may be (I suspect) going through post pardum depression, I know
after my daughter was born, I had a heck of a time.  You should NOT feel
ashamed, it is something that naturally happens to people and something that
you did not cause to happen.  Even if it is not post pardum and it is
depression that you've had for a while, it is still nothing to be ashamed of
and you should talk with a professional about it. You may need to take some
antidepressants. (I've wrestled with depresskon since I was a teenager and
back then, all the antidepressants did for you is make you into a zombie.
Now, they do help a whole lot!! I started taking Wellbutrin and it seems to
help me a lot. However, everyone is different and the doctors prescribe the
antidepressants based on what side effect you will get from them.) I know a
lot of people are against taking drugs. (Lord knows we have enough to deal
with on that end) but sometimes when you have something like this, you need a
little more help that just talking with someone. If it is chemical, the
medication will help you and you may not have to be on it a long time.
     But like I said in the beginning, you just had a baby and you really
need to give yourself a break. Your body is still adjusting back to 'normal'
and sometimes it's not easy. Your family, if you talk with them about all
this may be more supportive than you thought they'd be. It's your call if you
wish to speak with them over this but I think it would be a good idea. <IMHO.>
Take care and hope you are feeling better soon,
Elizabeth and 'Bruno'
who I'm finally getting formal training on tomorrow!!!
Dx 10.01.81  type 1  Htron since 4/21/01
moving on to my Dtron tomorrow!!!!