Re: [IP] Feeling out of control!

In a message dated 6/18/2001 8:35:41 AM Mountain Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> I cry so easily and I can't seem
>  to control my blood sugar. <snip> Feeling sad,
>  powerless, and drained. I've been thinking about talking to a counseler or
>  something.<snip> I'm going to see my
>  ob/gyn for my 6 week check tomorrow and I think I will casually bring up
>  depression and see what he thinks.

Don't mention it casually -- you need to have a serious discussion about
post-partum depression . . . It's hormonal, and you definitely don't need to
blame yourself for it or feel responsible (not that anyone needs to feel
responsible or guilty for "regular" depression, either) .  .  .  What you're
dealing right now is very common (and made that much more complex because of
the diabetes) . . . your doctor can help -- let him!

Hang in there and TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF !