Re: [IP] Forgetting to bolus..

Mag,

After forgetting to Bolus it is normal to go that high.  When we were
using MDI and forgot to give humulog we still had the long acting N in to
help cover.  now there is only the humulog so it is normal to go that
high.  I had DKA after 2 hours of a missed bolus (scary stuff).  BAgels
are very high in carbs so I am sure that did not help either.  I am glad
your son is feeling better though.

Amanda

>From: "marge"<email @ redacted> >Reply-To: email @ redacted
>To:<email @ redacted> >Subject: [IP] Forgetting to bolus.. >Date:
Mon, 18 Jun 2001 10:58:16 -0400 > >Well yesterday was a bad afternoon. We
were all so excited in making Father's >Day breakfast that we forgot to
bolus for Matt's breakfast! He had a bagel >with an egg ........when we
finally realized Matt was out of control, angry >about something, crying,
and yelling and screaming at me, that I would NOT >give him a shot, cause
I like to hurt him!! So i filled the syringe and gave >him the injectease
and let him hurt himself....lol....his numbers read HI on >the
meter........ahhhhh.....after 2.5 hrs he was down to 149 and feeling much
>better...my question is this....when forgetting to bolus is it the
"norm" to >go sooooo high??? I know bagels are loaded with carbs, i was
wondering if >that's why he went soooo high.......thanks all. >Mag