Re: [IP] Forgetting to bolus..

After forgetting to Bolus it is normal to go that high.  When we were
using MDI and forgot to give humulog we still had the long acting N in to
help cover.  now there is only the humulog so it is normal to go that
high.  I had DKA after 2 hours of a missed bolus (scary stuff).  BAgels
are very high in carbs so I am sure that did not help either.  I am glad
your son is feeling better though.

>From: "marge"<email @ redacted> >Reply-To: email @ redacted
>To:<email @ redacted> >Subject: [IP] Forgetting to bolus.. >Date:
Mon, 18 Jun 2001 10:58:16 -0400 > >Well yesterday was a bad afternoon. We
were all so excited in making Father's >Day breakfast that we forgot to
bolus for Matt's breakfast! He had a bagel >with an egg ........when we
finally realized Matt was out of control, angry >about something, crying,
and yelling and screaming at me, that I would NOT >give him a shot, cause
I like to hurt him!! So i filled the syringe and gave >him the injectease
and let him hurt himself....lol....his numbers read HI on >the
meter........ahhhhh.....after 2.5 hrs he was down to 149 and feeling much
>better...my question is this....when forgetting to bolus is it the
"norm" to >go sooooo high??? I know bagels are loaded with carbs, i was
wondering if >that's why he went soooo high.......thanks all. >Mag