[IP] Forgetting to bolus..

Well yesterday was a bad afternoon. We were all so excited in making Father's
Day breakfast that we forgot to bolus for Matt's breakfast! He had a bagel
with an egg ........when we finally realized Matt was out of control, angry
about something, crying, and yelling and screaming at me, that I would NOT
give him a shot, cause I like to hurt him!!  So i filled the syringe and gave
him the injectease and let him hurt himself....lol....his numbers read HI on
the meter........ahhhhh.....after 2.5 hrs he was down to 149 and feeling much
better...my question is this....when forgetting to bolus is it the "norm" to
go sooooo high???  I know bagels are loaded with carbs, i was wondering if
that's why he went soooo high.......thanks all.