[IP] Do you do it while laying down?

Hi Everyone :)

I've started a pumper support group meeting in our area of Nova Scotia,
Canada.  Our first meeting was on June 10th and it was wonderful.

A few of the parents of pumpers who were there surprised me by saying they
routinely change their children's infusion sets (they were all using
silhouettes) while they are laying down.  I did this once with Erica and never
did it again because the cannula was very twisted when it was taken out,
although it seemed to work okay.

It raised a very interesting point, and I thought I would turn to my fellow
IPers for some input....

Do you do it lying down?
What infusion set do you use?
Where do you insert it?

Any information I get will be shared with everyone at the next meeting.  It
should be interesting :)

Barb, mom to Erica, A Canadian Butterfly
Visit our new website at