[IP] Re: Digests, swimming, & sets

In a message dated 6/17/01 1:37:18 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<<.....We weighed the facts about the recent scare concerning D pumps
possibly being affected by water and decided to continue to let her swim
attached because 1) we still feel secure about the pump's initial waterproof
claims, 2) we figure we check BG often enough to catch
 any unexpected lows if it did malfunction, >>
Hi Charlotte,
    My 7 year old girl is also pumping with the H-tron.
    I agree with everything you said in your post and also applaud the
efforts to keep this digest so neat and readable!
But I thought I should mention...  Did you realize that in at least one of
the H-Tron waterproof "scares", the entire cartridge of insulin was
alledgedly dumped into the persons body?  Over 200 units of insulin were
delivered in a short space of time.  Now I'm not saying you should change
what you are doing, because I think I would also do everything the same as
you.  So far, Claire has only swam for fairly short lengths of time (one
hour) and she has disconnected.  But I just wanted you to be aware of what
happened to this one woman who is on this list.   That is what is so great
about this list, the sharing of information.

Barbara, Mum of Claire 7