[IP] Re: Pumps for Kids foundation

In a message dated 6/17/01 1:37:18 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<<  I know Michael is connected with the Pumps for Kids Foundation (on the
 if I'm not mistaken) and I was wondering how things were progressing with
 that program?
 I have to applaud Disetronic for setting this up -- I certainly hope the
 other pump companies are getting on the band wagon , either with this
 or doing one of their own . . .
 (who thinks that every kid who needs a pump, or just WANTS a pump, ought to
 be able to have one!) >>

I sure do agree with Lyndy!!  I was so lucky that our insurance coverage of
Claire's pump was no problem (much harder to find a doctor!).  I have
received mail from other parents in Canada who want pumps but have no
insurance and it just breaks my heart to think that their child can not get a
pump due to the cost.  If our government pays for pacemakers etc and other
durable equipement why not an insulin pump??  If I ever get the energy and
time, this would be something I would like to take up a fight against.

Barbara, Mum of Claire 7