Re: [IP] Type 1 Diabetics Donating Blood

I, also, have been donating blood for years.  I, too, thought I couldn't
until I asked at a drive.  A year ago, when I went to donate, I was told I
couldn't because of the mad cow disease thing.  Shucks........The next drive,
I asked again and was told I was ok because my insulin (Lilly) had been
manufactured in the US so the Red Cross said yes to my donation.  I figured
ANY nondiabetic would love to get our blood because its just a bit "sweeter"
than theirs.  LOL