[IP] Re: Signs of low blood sugar & Josh

In a message dated 6/16/01 11:51:12 PM Central Daylight Time, email @ redacted

> This has NEVER happened
> before and I was just wondering if others have had something similar
> happen,
> where the rebound makes you get the low symptoms??!!!
The mind is a powerful thing, and I'm not saying this is necessarily the case
here, but sometimes I can go very low like to 29 and not have symptoms.  I
think when I drop really fast, I feel fewer symptoms than if I'm lingering
around a low number, even say 60.
Anyway, sometimes when I'm really, really low like in the 20s or 30s, I won't
feel a thing, but AS SOON AS I test and see that my sugar is low, I begin to
feel the symptoms like ten-fold!
Of course it's not all in the mind, but it seems like with ME, if I don't
feel them--which I usually don't-- but then SEE them, I begin feeling it
But then again, I'm weird....LOL
Hope he's feeling better!
BTW, how did a lunchable bring his sugar up from 29?  Doesn't he treat with
glucose tabs or something more concentrated in sugars?  Or did he drink one
of those yummy Capri-Suns they used to put in those (don't know if they still
do)?  I used to LOVE thoese, but of course I could never have any UNLESS I
was low....YUM!