Re: [IP] dm, drivers license and organ donation

At 01:41 PM 6/16/01 -0400, you wrote:
>In a message dated 6/15/01 9:56:45 PM Central Daylight Time,
>email @ redacted writes:>
> >
> > As wonderful as organ donation is, I hate to say that no one would take an
> > organ from you if you have diabetes,  I am in need of a new kidney and the
> > only one in my family who wants to give me one is my mom and she can't
> > because she is also a diabetic.  My siblings are not good enough
> matches to
> > make it a successful transplant and they say my dad is too old so I
> have to
> > wait for someone else to come forward who is not diabetic.
>I was recently told after years of believing i couldn't donate organs after
>death that diabetics can do this.  I'm not sure what is the truth.
>Faith and ??
>type 1 diagnosed 9-81
>started pumping 8-21-2000
>assimilated by the d-Tron 03-07-01

Faith, I would suggest you contact the nearest Transplant center (not sure
where you are, but there are usually one in most large cities) to get the
straight truth.  They are sometimes found near large hospitals, and are
named "Trans something.  My local one is called Translife, and is
associated with the local Seventh Day Adventist hospital here in
Orlando.  Good luck and hope never need a transplant center.