Re: [IP] dm, drivers license and organ donation

In a message dated 6/15/01 9:56:45 PM Central Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:>
> As wonderful as organ donation is, I hate to say that no one would take an
> organ from you if you have diabetes,  I am in need of a new kidney and the
> only one in my family who wants to give me one is my mom and she can't
> because she is also a diabetic.  My siblings are not good enough matches to
> make it a successful transplant and they say my dad is too old so I have to
> wait for someone else to come forward who is not diabetic.

I was recently told after years of believing i couldn't donate organs after
death that diabetics can do this.  I'm not sure what is the truth.

Faith and ??
type 1 diagnosed 9-81
started pumping 8-21-2000
assimilated by the d-tron 03-07-01