Re: [IP] Re: Michael

> In a message dated 6/15/01 3:49:05 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
> email @ redacted writes:
> > I suspect his medical insurance will replace it if he pushes them.
> Michael,
>     IF his homeowners doesn't cover it, would you mind us posting
>     something
> about donating to Jim to help out? (I called my homeowner's today
> and they told me I have to specifically document any medical
> equipment I would claim if damaged/stolen... why I don't know but
> believe me, I started listing EVERYTHING!!! <g>)  I can't imagine
> how he feels right now, I'd feel lost. Jim, hang in there. I'm so
> sorry it happened. Elizabeth and Bruno Praying for Jim's little pump
> to return!!

That's a typical insurance company reply. Unless the contract of
insurance specifically says it must be documented, it is covered up
to the specified policy limits for personal property less the
deductible -- usually $500 - $1000. To not be covered there would
have to be language in the policy that specifically excludes home
medical equipment. Anyway, you are free to post a note asking for
contributions on behalf of Jim, further than that will have to be
handled off list. There are many similar requests that the list can't