Re: [IP] Would you volunteer you are diabetic in a job interview?

Shannon James wrote:
 What have others on pumpers.org done in job interviews
> I'm wondering?  And what were your reasons for telling or not telling about
> your condition?

i always did what you indicate, not bring it up but if asked reply
honestly. for awhile i had on my resume vice-president of local ADA
group, almost hoping they would ask. this was 10-15 years ago when the
employment/hmo situation was not so vicious. if it came up i would reply
that the fact that i could deal successfully with a chronic condition
was one more indication that i was smart, resourceful, and a problem
solver. i never hid my situation from co-workers. one place i worked i
was asked to write a memo about what others could do if i ran into a
problem, including where i kept my quick acting carbs and protein snacks.

chris parsons
T1 82 HTRON Plus 99