Re: [IP] dm, drivers license and organ donation

Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2001 22:33:47 EDT
From: email @ redacted
Subject: [IP] dm, drivers license and organ donation

As wonderful as organ donation is, I hate to say that no one would take an
organ from you if you have diabetes,

Thankfully, this is NOT true!!  Yes, diabetes affects every organ, however,
our skin is quite easy to harvest and transplant and does not suffer the
effects of diabetes as other organs do.  Elderly people with
tissue-paper-like skin would not be able to donate skin though.

Donna & "Pearl"