Re: [IP] Would you volunteer you are diabetic in a job interview?

In a message dated 6/15/01 6:10:13 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> Tomorrow I have a job
> interview and I plan to NOT disclose my diabetes unless I am asked about my
> health.  If I get the job then I will tell my co-workers in case of an
> emergency situation.  What have others on pumpers.org done in job interviews
> I'm wondering?  And what were your reasons for telling or not telling about
> your condition?

Hi Shannon - this is a good question - I posted a similar one on a career
forum since I am moving this summer and will be interviewing for jobs.  I was
told that I should not have to disclose until a pre-employment physical (if
there is one). This kind of bugs me because I'm not ashamed of the diabetes -
yet I don't want to be discriminated against either because of it.   But I do
agree that once hired co-workers should be told.

Linda & Dax