Re: [IP] Unsubscribe for a week

What George was trying to say (and I can understand his frustration) is that
all of the people who work on subscribing and unsubscribing people are
volunteers, with work, families, etc. We do this in our spare time and serve
only one week at a time. The system set up at Insulin Pumpers automatically
sends requests to sub and unsub people to the person manning the Help desk,

When requests go to the regular list, the person who is on the Help desk that
week may or may not see that message. In other words, you may or may not get
the help that you need. And you may or may not have your request met in a
timely fashion.

Those who post to the list (or even the Help address) saying you want to
unsubscribe for a particular amount of time might want to be aware that the
person who initially unsubscribed you may not be the person on the desk when
you return. Even if the same person is still on the desk, your initial
request may have gotten lost in the shuffle. The best thing to do is to
unsubscribe from the list before you leave and re-subscribe when you return.

So remember: If you need to unsubscribe, just write the Help address. It's
listed at the bottom of every email you get from Insulin Pumpers. And there's
a very good reason to write Help instead of sending a message to the entire

Jan Chait
one of the volunteer Insulin Pumpers administrators

In a message dated 6/15/01 1:37:09 PM US Eastern Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< if you dont think the title is for you dont read it then  >>