[IP] Fast Take in hot weather

We had a bad experience today.  My 14 year old son played in a golf
tournament in this horrible heat.  He tried to check his sugar but the fast
take was too hot to register.  It said HI when he turned it on because it was
so hot outside.  So he couldn't check to see what his sugar was!  When I
arrived to pick him up, the meter was still too hot, so I put it in my
handbag and went into the airconditioned building.  It took an hour to cool
off and when he checked he was over 600!!!!  He immediately bolused 15 units
and was scared.  We checked again 1/2 hour later and he was 562, trace
ketones, so at least we knew what we were dealing with.  Besides wondering
what happened that his sugar went so high, we were sooo mad that the meter
isn't reliable in hot weather.  We are getting the Ultra.  I wonder how the
heat affects that?!
   Just had to vent,