[IP] dm, driver's license, and organ donors (oh my!)

When I first got my license (in FL) 7 years ago, they never asked about
health problems.  When I got it renewed a year ago, they asked (Do you have
dm, heart problems, etc, etc...) and I told them I was insulin dependent dm.
  They put it on my license but never asked for anything from the doc.

What I don't understand, is that under the insulin dependent diabetes thing
on my license, it says organ donor (I chose to be one when I first got my
license).  Would they even WANT my organs?  It kind of seems like an
oxymoron to me, to say iddm, then say organ donor.
Oh well.
Julie