Re: [IP] Do you outgrow Hypo AWARENESS?

I have beem dm for 12 years, and I have always had VERY strong symptoms of
hypos, even while sleeping.  I had friends at DM camp who ranged from
recently dx'ed to long-time dmers that often were hypo unaware.  I don't
understand it.  Something I have noticed, though... pre-pump, I was
constantly high, A1c's in the 12-15 range for about 4 years after high
school and before going on the pump, and I used to feel hypo's coming on
when I got down to 80, and not because of a fast drop either.  Now, after 2
years on the pump, my A1c's are in the 8-9 range (and I have a GREAT doc who
is working very hard to get them even lower!) and I don't feel it until I am
below 60, sometimes not until I am in the 40's.  I have read that the
tighter your control is, the less warning you get for hypos- meaning your
symptoms start at lower levels that if you were high a lot.  I'm not sure if
this contributes to hypo unawareness, though.