From: chris parsons <email @ redacted>
To: email @ redacted
Subject: Re: [IP] Hypo while driving
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2001 07:06:16 -0400

Dana Hull wrote:

 > Sherry:
I felt so awful afterward, like I had failed myself, > my husband, my
parents, literally everyone who
 > cared about me.

Let ANYONE deal with erratic NPH + R or Humulog delivery everyday 24/7,
along with all the vageries of the environment and the mind/body, and
now and then something is going to give. it's like walking a tightrope
carrying stacks and stacks of dishes FOREVER. sooner or later something
will drop.

people who have not had to deal with this can't know. i worked at a huge
multinational corporation and one day was visiting another "campus".
while i was there someone in a cubicle had a bad hypo, seizures. they
were being well taken care of by EMT so i just stood in the peripery of
the crowd, where i heard people comment that the diabetic was "not
taking care of himself", "probably had been eating candy", and other
uninformed opinion. it scares people and rather than educate themselves
they go for blame. don't you do the same.

chris