Re: [IP] Swimming with the pump

>I have a question.  My son disconnects when he swims but each time his site
>comes out and we need to change it. How do you swim and not lose your site?

All the time and much farther than I plan to sometimes. ;-/  No problems
yet with set adherance.

I use a sheet of Tegaderm to cover the entire set.  (Cut a small hole in
the middle of the Tegaderm to allow for the tubing half only of hte
disconnect part of the set).  This is applied wiht teh set change and left
on until teh set is removed.

If this doesn't work, try other various adhesives as mentioned on this list.

Stay wet!

Darrin Parker - Nova Scotia, Canada!
Type I since 1974.  Disetronic H-Tronplus pump since Dec 2000.  Please
donate to the Insulin Pumpers Organization:

To date:  The Insulin Infusion Pump as improved my average blood glucose by
50% and lowered the A1C from 9.2 to 5.1 after 27 years of very poor control
on MDI.