[IP] Do you outgrow Hypo AWARENESS?

Hi all:  I am following the thread on the hypo UNAWARENESS while driving and I
have a question for you adult pumpers.

My son is 5, dx @ 2 and has been aware of his Lows I would say 95% of the
time.  He can feel one coming on and always tells me, even waking in the
middle of the night to tell me. I have caught some lows at night and if he is
running around like a madman he will often put off telling me.

Will this sensation leave him as he gets older?  Did you adults with
unawareness also have the ability to feel your lows when you were younger?

Why does one lose the sensation?  I have found since pumping (10 months now)
that he feels the highs and lows so much better now.

Thanks for the responses!