[IP] To pump or not to pump

Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2001 16:06:30 -0700 (PDT)
From: Shelly Van Dyke <email @ redacted>
Subject: Re: [IP] To pump or not to pump

Chris -
It sounds like you have Type 2 diabetes, not Type 1,
which is probably why you go to a GP in the first
place.  I don't know of any Type 1's that are not
treated by an endo.

    You must be a big city girl. :)  I live in a town of 12,000.  The largest one for 120 mile radius.  There are about 30 pumpers in town.  I only know of one that makes the trip to an
endo.  I've had two babies and gotten on the pump without an endo. I go to an internist who knows nothing about pumps but, I have a great CDE.  We Type ones don't all use endos :)