[IP] Insuring your pump?

> After reading about Jim's pump being stolen, it got me wondering about how
> many pumpers have their pump insured for being lost or stolen . . . and how
> much you're paying for that coverage?  We put ours on our homeowners policy
> for what seemed like a lot of money to me (though my husband tells me not) .
> . . What do you-all do?  And, are there any special policies just for pumps
> sponsored by the pump companies, the ADA or anybody like that????
> Lyndy

I checked with my insurance agent (Allstate in Indiana) about coverage of my
pump on our renter's insurance policy.  I learned that it is covered as part of
my personal property in the policy without any additional riders.  If it is
stolen, it would simply be a $500 deductible, which is a whole lot better than
$5,000!  Check with your insurance agent.