Re: [IP] training from Minimed ??

Hi There,

I feel your frustration.  When I started on the pump I was having
consistent lows.  Which are as frustrating as highs.  Now after 3 weeks I
have gone from a TDD of 70 units to a TDD of 25-30 units.  They started
me on my exact daily dose I was taking from injectiosn and I have lowered
it myself.  Pumping does get easier do not give up.  It will be well
worth it in the long run.

>From: email @ redacted >Reply-To: email @ redacted >To:
email @ redacted >Subject: Re: [IP] training from Minimed ?? >Date:
Thu, 14 Jun 2001 14:55:31 EDT > >In a message dated 6/14/01 12:35:05 AM
Pacific Daylight Time, >email @ redacted writes: > > > > She
tells me I'm doing fine because I'm not having any low blood sugars (the
> > main reason I went on the pump). But how can I have low sugars when
I'm > > consistently running high, which is driving me crazy. > > > > >Hi
Rose - it DOES get better! You may be experiencing highs because your
>basal rates are not yet totally set. I know when I went on the pump they
cut >my total insulin units since people tend to need LESS insulin when
on a pump >- so they would rather start you a little high and fine tune
down. So maybe >this is what they did for you and it is time to raise the
basal rates just a >bit. > >Linda & Dax