Re: [IP] training from Minimed ??

In a message dated 6/14/01 12:35:05 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> She tells me I'm doing fine because I'm not having any low blood sugars (the
> main reason I went on the pump).  But how can I have low sugars when I'm
> consistently running high, which is driving me crazy.
Hi Rose - it DOES get better! You may be experiencing highs because your
basal rates are not yet totally set.  I know when I went on the pump they cut
my total insulin units since people tend to need LESS insulin when on a pump
- so they would rather start you a little high and fine tune down.  So maybe
this is what they did for you and it is time to raise the basal rates just a

Linda & Dax