Re: [IP] To pump or not to pump

"C. Jones" wrote:
> When I talked to her about pumping she said the only advantage was not taking multiple shots daily.

to my mind this is the least important advantage of pumping. i took
multiple shots for 18 years and it was no big deal. the advantage is
precise control of insulin delivery, for example a minute amount
(controllable) every 3 minutes 24 hours a day instead of 20 units of NPH
somewhere under the skin that will hit the bloodstream in an erratic and
unpredictable manner. the pump is a better tool, not just a more
convenient one.

chris parsons
T1 82 HTRON Plus 99