Re: [IP] To pump or not to pump

If your blood sugars are running this high it might be advisable to see if
your GP would refer you to an Endocrinologist. This way he/she could help
get you sugars under control and maybe make an easier transition to the
pump.One benefit is not having to take shots. But, it will also help your
overall feeling. I have only been on pump for two weeks and I already can
feel the change. So find someone who is more knowledgeable on the matter of
the pump. Lots of luck in your efforts to find an answer.

Karl

> My GP doctor mentioned about a month ago about learning about insulin
pumps.  I've been reading this list  ever since.

> Yesterday I went to his Nurse Practicioner for what turned out to be
cellulitis.  In our discussion we talked about blood sugars. I told her I
quit testing two weeks ago because I'm so discouraged.  I am normally in the
high 300 to low 400 range.  I take 20 U of Humalog and 20 U of R twice a
day.