[IP] homeowners insurance coverage

My pump is covered under my homeowner's insurance and it only costs us about $7/year. $7 isn't much for peace of mind when an idiot takes your bag/cooler at the pool - however, I'd like the waterproof feature of the paradigm just for this reason. I usually only disconnect for showers, pool and grass cutting. Showers and grass cutting I can do at home where my family isn't going to steal my pump (what good would it do them except make me nasty when I go back to MDI), but to swim we have to go to a public pool and public is cruel sometimes!