[IP] To pump or not to pump

My GP doctor mentioned about a month ago about learning about insulin pumps.  I've been reading this list  ever since.

Yesterday I went to his Nurse Practicioner for what turned out to be cellulitis.  In our discussion we talked about blood sugars. I told her I quit testing two weeks ago because I'm so discouraged.  I am normally in the high 300 to low 400 range.  I take 20 U of Humalog and 20 U of R twice a day.  I've gained 25 lbs in two months. Plus, it looks like my cardiac condition is starting up again.  I used my nitro for the first time in over 5 years (it was fairly current and did the job)

When I talked to her about pumping she said the only advantage was not taking multiple shots daily.

I thought that even speading out the twice a day 40 U might be of some help.

Should I just give it up as a luxury or are there other benefits as well.

Chris (Diagnosed 1973 -- age 23)