Re: [IP] Insurance approved pump

In a message dated 6/13/2001 5:20:47 PM Mountain Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

>  I wanted the Animas pump and tried to get it even though MM is the
> provider....no go.

I have talked to a couple people who were able to change their insurance
company's mind, particularly when the pump they wanted had features that the
pump they were approved for didn't have (and that their doctor would verify
that those features were important for their care).  SO, it's worth a try if
you really do want to go with Animas (we sure love ours!)  --- BUT, all the
pumps are good pumps that will allow you to reap the benefits of pumping, so
if this turns out to be a case where you can't what ya want, but you get what
ya need (hmmmm . . . great song lyric in there somewhere <g!>) just be happy
you're getting a pump -- because ANY pump is better than shots!!!
Good Luck!