Re: [IP] First upsetting day on pump

In a message dated 6/13/2001 4:52:01 PM Mountain Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> As well, I was a little scared at the amount of blood
>  accumulated under the tape and the amount that still, a half hour later
>  keeps coming out. What caused this? It was a site that has been in for
>  only two days.

Sounds like a "gusher" to me . . . you just happened to get your cannula
inserted a little too close to a blood vessel . . . they happen occasionally,
so it' helps to be prepared with gauze pads, napkins, or something else
absorbent when removing a site for "just in case" . . . you didn't do
anything wrong