[IP] I can't bolus!!

I have had my Minimed 507 for a little over three years now....I've been
pumping for 6 and a half years at this point.  Anyway, when I tried to bolus
today, my screen kept clearing and putting me back at the time screen!  My
pump won't let me bolus!!  A few days ago it said LO BATTERY and then two
hours after replacing the batteries, it then said NO POWER!  I called Minimed
and the representative walked me through some trouble shooting techniques.
She said that my battery connection might not be working correctly, and she
would send me a new battery carrier in addition to new batteries!  Two days
later after speaking with Minimed, my pump won't let me bolus (I haven't
received the new battery carrier yet), and I have to go back to MDI when ever
I would typically bolus.  Fortunately, I am still receiving my basal rates.
This is the FIRST TIME IN OVER 6 YEARS since I have given myself a needle!!
Plus, to top it all off........my sugars have been better since I started
using the needles today than they have been using the pump recently!  Figure
that one out!!  (and i don't think it has anything to do with the pump
possibly not working correctly)  Anyway, I will be getting a loaner pump from
Minimed tomorrow morning....they sent it out tonight!!  Fortunately my pump
is under warranty, and I found out that I will be able to upgrade in February!

Kelly -- diabetic 27 years, pumping 6 years