Subject:  Diabetes Research Institute Foundation plea

Dear Friends,

We have just learned that our funding request for the DRI's islet cell
transplantation program has been put on the  Governor's veto list.  We have
48 hours to try to reverse this action.

It is imperative that our supporters contact the Governor to urge him not
to veto this budget item.  We have been in the budget for the last two
years, and this is a recurring item that is threatened by the budget cuts.

Item #577A in the State budget
Veto is for the $500K Islet Cell Transplantation program
Request is from the Diabetes Research Institute Foundation
Sponsors of the Bill:  Senator Ron Silver (D)
                  Representative Manny Priegues (R)

Governor's Contact info:

PL 05 The Capitol
400 S. Monroe St.
Tallahassee,  FL  32399-0001

Fax: 850-487-0801

email address:

Thanks for your help.
Lyn Collo
Diabetes Research Institute Foundation
3440 Hollywood Blvd., Ste. 100
Hollywood, FL 33021
(954) 964-4040  1-800-321-3437
Fax: (954) 964-7036
Voice Mail:  (954) 264-0514

Very sincerely yours,

Ellen H. Ullman

Mom, Advocate for children who have diabetes and their parents, Friend,
melsRFun/index.html  (KidsRPumping)</A>
Please support funding a cure for diabetes: Diabetes Research Institute in
Miami, Florida:  <A HREF="http://www.drinet.org">http://www.drinet.org</A>