[IP] Re: Arrest

Ed wrote:
> Question #1 for the list:  What do you do at airports?  I travel
> extensively (domestic and international).

Ed, I haven't done a lot of traveling in the 18+ years I've been pumping
(usually just commuter flights), but recently flew across the country with  no
real problem.  Only two items of interest:

When passing through the security gate on my outbound flight, I had all my
supplies packed in my carry-on bag.  There were no comments or questions about
my pump, but the security guard pulled my bag for a "random check" - must have
seen all the backup syringes and infusion sets I had packed in there!  In any
event, all she did was wipe the handle and sides of my bag and hold the sheet
she used to wipe the bag for prints over a screen of some kind until it came
up that I wasn't a drug dealer!

On my return flight out of JFK, the only snag I hit was when the security
guard wanted me to "put my phone in the basket".  Had to tell him three times
that it was a medical device and that it was attached to me.  Finally gave him
a good look at it, and he waved me through.  Nobody stopped me about all my
packed supplies in my carry-on this time, and we made it home without

Just a couple of extra memories to add to those of my recent vaction - LOL.
Good luck in the future with pumping, and keep on asking questions, that's
what we're all here for.

Kathy Fagan
T1, dx 10/68, pumping 12/82