[IP] The Minimed Insulin Pump Workbook (For getting the most from your pump)

I recently went to my first of two training sessions on the 508 with a
Minimed trained CDE.

(I know, I know, I've been pumping 20 years but I also haven't had any
TRAINING in 20 years, since the 20 minutes I got with my first pump learning
how to dilute insulin to give me the correct basal rate)

She gave me a workbook called: "The Minimed Insulin Pump Workbook for
getting the Most from Your Insulin Pump".  This is  a NEW book (There is a
date stamped on the Meal Bolus/Correction Bolus calculator of Feb '01).
This workbook is FANTASTIC!!  I would suggest that anyone just starting out
on a pump, anyone thinking about getting a pump, and anyone who wants to get
their bolus/basal ratios set correctly GET THIS BOOK!

I asked the CDE if a person could get this book directly from Minimed and
she told me that only CDE's get them, to encourage us (pumpers) to go
through the Minimed CDE's for training.  The other thing I didn't know is
that THIS TRAINING IS PART OF THE COST OF THE PUMP (i.e. she is paid by
Minimed for the five or six hours of training the doctor feels is necessary
for me to learn to use the pump)!!

No excuses on not having coverage for the training!!

I can't speak for all Minimed trainers but this one (in NYC) is excellent.
If anyone is in the NYC area and wants/needs training (or a good
CDE/nutritionist) please email me directly and I'll send you contact info.