[IP] Rebates on meters

> There is a rebate on the Ultra now.  At Wal Mart, the box I purchased said
> something like "buy 100 strips ($68.48) and get the machine free."  Then
> inside the box was a $45 rebate for the machine and another $25 rebate for a
> trade-in.  Insurance pays for my strips so I didn't worry about the rebate,
> but the rebates will nearly pay for the machine.

Why not? The insurance pays for the strips and the rebate pays for the
machine. Walgreen's has a rebate on Accu-Chek Advantage 'til the '16th and
states it (the meter) cannot be reimbursed by Medicare Medicaid, but for
others, it's free anyway. Be sure to read the forms to see what the *real*
retrictions are. I have made money on rebates before - just be sure to follow
the rules and make sure the rules are really not restrictive as assumed. YMMV