From:    email @ redacted
To:    email @ redacted

Representatives George Nethercutt, Lois Capps, and John LaFalce have
re-introduced to Congress the INSULIN-FREE WORLD MEDICARE
PANCREAS TRANSPLANTATION COVERAGE ACT (H.R. 1361) to provide for coverage of
pancreas transplants under the Medicare Program. With some
persuasion, we were able to convince Medicare to cover pancreas transplants
performed with kidney transplants, but coverage for solitary pancreas
transplant continues to be denied.
H.R. 1361 will help diabetic people in need of pancreas transplants, and it
increases the pressure on commercial insurance companies to cover this
procedure. H.R. 1361 also paves the way for coverage of islet transplants as
that procedure evolves.
This bill is also important to a broader philosophy. If, when advances are
realized, we allow them to be withheld by insurance, all the science in the
world can't cure us. We need to set a precedent for new treatments for
diabetes covered quickly and decisively.
The Insulin-Free World Foundation has long been devoted to taking actions
that will knock down barriers that bar us new treatments, and we need
your help.
For a sample letter and contact information for your Congressional
Representatives, go to www.InsulinFree.org and click on "A CALL TO ACTION."
Or, call 1-888-RING-IFW (1-888-746-4439) and we will send you a copy of the
letter and find the contact information for your Congressional
Thank you in advance for helping.
Kind regards,
Deb Butterfield

Founder and Executive Director