[IP] RE: insulin-pumpers-digest V5 #191

>> The CDE told us to put pump on Suspend
>> when disconnecting the infusion set.

> Isnt that what you are supposed to do??

My son's endo told us to not use suspend unless it was to stop
an accidental over-delivery (if we accidentally program in too
much for a bolus). The two problems she has with suspend were:
1) it allows air bubbles into the tubing
2) it is hard on the pump motor
We just leave the pump running when disconnected. The we prime
just a bit to flush out any bubbles (I'm probably overly cautious
about them) and then reconnect.

Mom to Ryan (four years old and pumping since 8/17/00)