Re: [IP] Testing & Bolusing

  Are you talking about at school or at home or both?  At school we now have
a wonderful young gal who is the new health room aide (we only have an RN
MAYBE one day each week onboard!)  She now looks after Josh's basic needs at
school as far as reminding him to check BGs and bolusing.  We have a system
worked out.  He goes to her office before lunch, with his fanny pack with his
meter, checks BGs with her (he really like her so this is no longer a problem
to go to her office versus staying in the classroom!), check his BGs and does
a high bolus if necessary.  Goes to lunch and recess (he is in third grade!)
leaving his fanny pack with meter in her office.  This way he HAS to go back
to her office to get his pack and then she can make sure he bolused for lunch
at that time.  I will try and have carb count written in log book with bolus
amount.  When he eats in cafeteria we have an approx idea of carbs.  Any
questions this gal can either answer or get the answer because she use to
work in the lunch room!  Convenient huh!  Anyway, this system has turned out
to be a true lifesaver for us, because Josh would constantly forget too!
It's normal!

Good Luck!

mom to Joshua