Re: [IP] Arrest

Ed - so sorry to hear of your problems.  I have traveled quite a bit with my
pump and NEVER had a problem.  I think the first step is to  KEEP THE PUMP
CONNECTED. I have never taken mine off when going through security - and it
doesn't set off their alarms.  Only once have I been asked about it - and
that was when I was wearing it on the back of my slacks and the tubing and
all was hanging.  He asked - I said an insulin pump and no problem.

I am very surprised at their reaction.  From what I have gathered here and on
the aol boards most airport security personnel are FAR MORE aware of insulin
pumps than the average ER personnel - they have seen more. So good luck in
the future but I think you are correct in waging a complaint against the CDE
for giving you a pump without a manual and more instruction.

Linda & Dax