RE: [IP] Airport Security

Teresa Covas [mailto:email @ redacted] wrote:

> that I might experience some problems if a
> guard "noticed" it,
> especially if it beeped.

I've flown several times.  Most times it hasn't been noticed, and it hasn't
set off the sensors.  One time, the security officer looked at the pump and
asked if it was an insulin pump.  When I answered "yes", she waved me on.

> At the time of my call, I had not
> even considered
> this issue.  She suggested I get a letter from my doctor
> stating that this
> is an insulin delivery pump worn to control my diabetes.

This is always a good idea for several reasons.  I keep one with my testing

Jim Handsfield
email @ redacted OR