Re: [IP] pleasr respond to weight gain

My son also gained a lot of weight since going on the pump.  I wish the CDE
didn't tell him he could eat what he wants!  The dietician told my son to cut
his daily insulin dose; i.e. not the basal dose, but the boluses.  For
example, instead of taking 80 units/day, cut down to 65 units/day.  She also
gave my son a "diet plan" which is 45 g.carbs for meals and 30 g. carbs for 2
snacks.  She figured out that that was how many calories he needed to lose
the excess weight slowly.  You should talk to a dietician or simply cut down
the amount of carbs you are eating.