[IP] Re: Arrest

I fly quite a bit and haven't had any problems going through security, but I
always have my pump on, and not in suspend mode.  Usually I have it hanging
on my calf with a "leg thing" so the security people never even see it, and
if they have they have never said anything.  I did have to open up my
carry-on once to show them the pump supplies and my insulin because they were
suspicious of something they saw there, but when I showed them my pump manual
(which I always have with me in case I forget how to do something) and the
insulin it was fine.

I'm really sorry to hear about your experience with security and everything
else--it sounds horrible!  With me, people rarely even notice my pump or say
anything about it, and certainly not so dramatically; like I said, I do
usually have it in run mode and attached to my leg, but even when I have it
in my pocket and tubing is visible, people rarely mention it.  I hope this
experience doesn't ruin your idea of pumping; I could see how it would, but
it really doesn't have to be that noticeable.  Will you be able to see a new
CDE now who can teach  you everything about your pump?