[IP] Talking JoAnna into using a pump

> JoAnna Minick <email @ redacted>
> I am a person with diabetes for 47 years and have been having problems with
> my blood sugars and my doctor wants me to go on a pump.  So all you
> insulin-pump users talk me into it.

Welcome to IP, JoAnna and congratulations on your DM longevity. I have had
IDDM for over 50 years and pumping almost 18 years. Many advances and
techniques have been made since my start, and I took a year for me to decide
to wear a check-book sized pump back then. Today pumps are about the size of
3/4" stack of business cards, or a beeper. I would not go back to the rigors
of the routines of 7:00 a.m. shot, HAVE to eat breakfast whether I felt like
it or not; required to eat at noon even if still in church on Sunday; eat at
5:00 p.m. as *scheduled* by the long-acting insulin. My schedule is pretty
much determined by my whims now. I can also sleep in on Saturday mornings! My
hugsband is a trucker and often comes home for dinner as he drives through so
when I know that, I can eat with him at 8:00 p.m. if need be. We have Sunday
dinner with friends from church and often don't get food in our mouths until
almost 1:00 or even after. No biggie since I bolus Humalog to cover what I'm
eating, when I'm eating, IF I'm eating. My life is my own - with the
exceptions of BG testing to keep a watch on the food/activity action.

Do your own research about which pump to get because many people drive SUVs,
others like minivans, some want sporty cars - and your pump will be a very
personal thing so get what YOU like best as far as features, etc. They all
deliver insulin to your body so, get one is the bottom line. (~_^)

After studying the body you got to come to the conclusion all of this was
designed by a superb engineer with super intelligence. Spot